Tuesday, December 7, 2010

MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural Review

MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural Powder Review

 Are you ever skeptical to buy something because of the price?
Although you always hear raves about it you just aren't sure you will like it?

MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural seemed like that kind of product to me. I am such a budget buyer, but I was tired of poor quality from drugstore products and I decided to branch out and buy something high-end

 I should have named this a product RAVE instead of REVIEW because I am so happy with this product

It is 10g/.35ounces and the packaging is very durable
but it does not have a mirror or come with an applicator (I use the ELF Studio Kabuki Brush to apply it)

(the pic from the website)

It is incredibly durable packaging that does not feel cheap at all. You can tell the product is fantastic and quality is there 100%. Staying power is great. I do touch up after school (and sometimes during lunch if my ski is causing problems that day), and although it does wear a little out during the day it is still eough coverage.
The shade matches me well (although it may be half a shade too light, but medium is too dark). It is hard to compare it to a drugstore brand I've tried because this sets the bar too high.
I cannot stress how happy I am with the product. I still think $26 is a high price, but it is worth it. (It is 10grams and usually powder is less than 8 grams)
Because coverage is not a problem, on good skin days I conceal dark circles and apply this. Usually I apply tinted moisturizer and concealer (ELF/Mary Kay t.n. and Maybelline/MAC concealer) then this powder.
It does not break me out and I feel my skin can breathe when I wear this

When I first used it, it looked a little cakey so next time I just put on less.
Coverage is fantastic for a powder and I am happy with the result

The $26 seems a little high but you do get a decent amount of product and it does
last a few months and the quality is fantastic

Pros
You can be matched if you go into a store
Pigmentation
Coverage
Durable packaging
Quality
Natural looking finish
Compact so it is easily portable
Good staying power

Cons
Price (although the amount of product is a plus)
Lack of availability
Doesn't come with applicator or mirror


Shades
I purchased my shade in light medium
I am NW20 in the MAC prolongwear concealer
Neutrogena 20-30 foundation shades
100-103 ivory shades in Rimmel foundation
ivory 2 in Mary Kay tinted moisturizer
^^I hope the above shade references help you!

MAC used to be a professional stage makeup company because the coverage is great.
A little goes a long way with MAC because it can look cakey if you put too much on. So a light hand is ideal

No comments:

Post a Comment